Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Knot

Know the saying, death happens in threes…well, I think it may be the same for weddings. 
Last year, a good friend of mine, pulled me aside while at a garage sale and said, “Katie, I have a question for you…will you be my maid of honor?”  I obviously replied with a “YES!” and with absolute assurance in my voice that I knew what I was doing. Later that week, I went to the nearest borders and bought a book titled, “The Bridesmaid Guide: Etiquette, Parties, and Being Fabulous” by Kate Chynoweth{my favorite maid of honor task/duty, that the book mentions, is to dance with anyone that looks lonely…I think this will be my strong suit}.
Maybe it is the age, but it seems everyone around me is getting married.  Literally, a couple months after my friend asked me to be in her wedding…I got word that two friends, a cousin, and my sister were all tieing the knot as well.  So within a series of three of four months I will be attending almost 1 wedding a month.  I keep thinking about all the pros to back-to-back weddings…and there are a lot!  Not only is it a time to party hard with friends and family, but it also allows for some of the best hawking, dancing, consuming of alch, single guys, and{best of all} beyond diggy digging…!  I can not wait!!!
Rebecca{my cousin/bestie that is also single; we hang out so much that our family calls us lesbian, gay cousins…not normal and never going to get a guy with that sort of reputation} and I were talking it up this weekend about all the weddings taking place this summer and we concluded that it is going to be an extremely busy summer for us.  Saturday afternoon, when both Rebecca and I were bronzing the bodies by the pool, we were discussing all the plans in great detail and saying it is such a stressful life we live.  For example, this summer in between the multiple weddings scheduled we also have 2 camping trips, 3 bachelorette parties, 2 bridal showers, a couple concerts{outside lands}, and a TBD vaca…possibly Florida to visit the bff or New York{our favorite}!
Where Rebecca and I differ from most girls, is rather than seeing these weddings as an opportunity to try and find a man for ourselves or start taking relationships more serious, we instead see it as opportunity to party our asses off and use the wedding as an excuse to do so.  Maybe this summer we will grow out of this single phase of our lives and each find that dream man…or maybe we will continue to rage and end up in the late night drive through at Taco Bell.  Regardless, congrats and cheers to my friends and family...Kelly & Rich, Rachel & Jason, Collette & Mitch, Rose & Zach and Megan & Gabriel; I wish you all much love and happiness in this next chapter of life!
Me and Rebecca scouting at the bar...obvs single and ready to mingle

No comments:

Post a Comment