Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Anxiety Kicks In

24 years old has never felt so mature in my life.  It is 7:15am and I am getting up to head over to Kinkos to fax mediation papers to Family Court Services.  I am battling my oldest sister's ex husband for custody of my nephew...not fun for anyone, and the laws around family court do not serve the best interest of the child.  Can't wait to see how this all turns out...my anxiety is kicking in.

For the past couple of months, I have been taking on full-blown mom jobs, concerns and stressers.  From setting up play dates to attending field trips to the library.  Yesterday was Donuts With Dads day and just the thought that my nephew's dad was not going to show up killed me.  Also, last week at school, little man was making his dad a Father's Day gift and a classmate said to him, "why are you making that gift, you don't have a dad".  Kids are so honest; in this case, a little too honest : ( . 

After this mediation today, I think we all deserve a pool day...
Safari Pool Hat
Lounging
Cannon Ball
Brother with Little Man
P.S.  I've got a little date tonight...should be in!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, the Safari Mom hat. Wish I was at pool day with you guys!You're the best Mom ever! xoxo

    ReplyDelete