Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thinking of you Mom

Rachel{a good friend of mine...I'm her maid of honor in a couple months} is throwing a party today in celebration of her mother's 20 years CANCER FREE!!!  I am so excited for this event.  20 years cancer free is AMAZING. 

This event, keeps making me think of one person, my mom, and how I wish she was still here with us.

My mom, center stage in the green vest{2009 Relay for Life Mt View}
Coco{momma, Colleen Joyce Wilcox} was the life of the party.  She had her own language, she was ALWAYS smiling, and happy, and everyone loved to be around her.  I would come home from school and my mom would be sitting on the couch, lounging, and there would be anywhere from 1-15 of my friends or my siblings friends hanging out with her, chatting away.  She was the best{and I am going to pull a Coco move right now}..."I'm not just saying this because she is my mom!". 

My mom passed away in December of 2009 from a long battle with Cancer.  She was a human, superwoman or some called her the energizer bunny.  I don't know how many times a doctor would say to us kids, your mom is not going to make or all the odds are against her...but somehow little Coco made it every time.  She worked, she cooked{loved hawking people dig her food, then would say..."please, how diggy is it...1-10?"}, she never showed or wanted people to know she was "sicker than a dog on the road". 

Today I want to celebrate Rachel's mom for 20 years and strong, but also send a tribute to all the other mommas, like mine, that have not been as fortunate to see today. 

I love you mom and miss you very, very much!
Kristen{sister}, Kelly{sister}, Mom, Me, Caleb{brother}
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/colleenwilcox {more of my mom's story}

No comments:

Post a Comment