Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hardest Goodbye

Court was all morning and the verdict was that Little Man's dad gets him and Kelly and I get him every other weekend.  I am pretty shocked by today's end result, but as I have stated before...family law is written so poorly and, in many cases, not looking out for the best interest of the children.  Today, Little Man even went in front of the judge{only 6 years old} and said reasons why he is scared of his dad and didn't want to go with him...and the judge still sided with the father.  Your TITLE means everything in family court and because it was two Aunts vs. a DAD, the Dad won. 

Walking back to the car with Little Man to grab his things and say goodbye was the hardest goodbye I have ever experienced.  I am going to miss him so much...

See you soon Jakey! 
Me and Jake

4 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I don't get it? I mean - I understand the ruling (like you don't agree with it - but I know that's how it is - totally stinks)... But what happened to Jake's Momma? Ps - I'm an avid WYC reader - and say your blog on her site today. It's great!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Staci,

    Thank you for reading my blog! It is a very confusing situation, so I understand why my posts raised some questions.

    About 4 months ago, my oldest sister{Jacob's mom, Kristen} went missing. Jacob was left with our Aunt, and Kristen was MIA. We still to this day have not found her exact where-about but the detectives working the case have reason to believe she is alive{it is like a movie, I swear}.

    As far as Jacob, Kelly{my other sister} and I were granted temporary guardianship of him until the end of this school year. The school year has ended, which is why, at this last court hearing, the custody arrangements have changed in favor of the father.

    This is the very short end of the story, but I hope that brings you up to speed a bit more!

    Thanks again for reading and hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey....
    One Day.....One Decision....This just the beginning.....Many more One Decisions to Come...Keep the Faith.....Little Man may be the single factor in influencing his Parents.....To be Better Parents....Love...Hope...Compassion....You have taken the Time to share with Jacob these qualities of Life...He will not Forget....Keep the Faith....
    Love u DAD

    ReplyDelete