Thursday, June 23, 2011

I need a playdate…


For the past couple of months every single day I was spending with Little Man{my nephew}; we were hitting up sky high, swimming pools, museums, dog parks, movies, restaurants{our all time fav, taco bell}, basically anything and everything fun.  We, literally, were attached to the hip. 
I don’t think I fully realized how fun kids could be until my playdates with my nephew started happening.  He made me laugh more, smile more, and most importantly made me realize life is too short, so live it up like a kid{worry free}.
One of my most fav playdates with Little Man was this one Saturday afternoon. Me, my cugina{Rebecca}, little man, and our two dogs initially headed DT Palo Alto for some lunch to-go.  From there, we hit up Stanford University for a picnic/frisbee/dog run loose sesh.  After running around for an hour or so, we took a little journey through campus to find a handful of student, mariachi performers singing and dancing in a water fountain.  Not only did we jig it up but we also took a little dip in the fountain{normal}!  From there, we wondered a little more on the campus and stumbled upon an authentic Indian concert/talent show.  We dug a bunch of Indian food, drank about 3 snow cones each, and then did some major hawking on the talent show{this was beyond in}.  To end the day, we hit up Aunt Mary’s house, ordered some pizza and put a little movie on…killed it that day!
It’s been a long week with my new job and new commute, which I am loving, but I do need a playdate with Little Man asap.  




2 comments: