Sunday, June 26, 2011

Randoms Weekend Stories

This weekend was filled with a lot of in-ness.  We had a bunch of family and friends over Friday night for our cousin, Rebecca's birthday.  Random FYI...I love design{interior, exterior, anything having to do with design}, so I wanted to think of a creative way for every guest that visits our home to leave a little mark, so Friday night we asked people to sign our kitchen table.  This was the end result:
Kitchen Table{Art Project}
 Anyways, We all drank vino, ate cupcakes, and then headed downtown Palo Alto for some going out action.  I ended up passing out before anyone else cause I was so tired from the long week{I'm getting so old}.  The next morning I woke up with a little dog in my bed next laying next to me and my guy friend next to the dog{so random}.

Saturday morning was an emotional and hard day for me.  I woke up and knew this was my last weekend to spend with Little Man until mid July.  Lately, I have been trying my best to be as honest and open with him, but while still trying to preserve his innocence and youth.  When I saw him Saturday, I literally was like a little cry baby...I just saw his face and thought about how much I am going to miss him. He is such a little man; when he noticed me crying he grabbed my hand and said it's ok Auntie, everything is going to be ok...I promise.  He was consoling me!  I love him so much.

Saturday we spent all day at the pool and then did dinner with my brother, and that guy I went on the date with the other night.  We tried this beyond diggy place in Palo Alto called http://patxispizza.com/.  It was so treaty!  After doing some major digging, me, Jake, and my friend hit up Stanford Hospital to drop food off for the brother-in-law.  I do not know how doctors do it...he had been working a 48 hour shift and not eaten anything for almost a day{I would be dead; I can't go 15 minutes without digging}. After our Stanford excursion, we got some desserty.  It was such a great day...I wouldn't have changed it for anything!

This weekend flew by, I can't believe it is already Sunday night.  I am really glad that I got to spend so much time with my nephew this weekend...he makes me appreciate life so much more and realize what really matters! I'm going to miss you Little Man.  
Little Man

3 comments:

  1. We love Little Man and wish the best for him. Katie you're the best and stepped up big for Little Man when he needed it the most. I know its gonna be tough, but we're always here for you. Much love. - Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle, thanks for always being so supportive. I know I can always count on you and Josh! Tres amigas forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    I was so glad to see you last weekend. I can't wait to hang again soon. You are such a special person and your family is so great! Love you! Maria

    ReplyDelete