Thursday, June 16, 2011

Uncertainties

Yesterday was little man's end of the year performance and graduation...he is officially a 1st grader!

When I was watching him up there perform, as hard as I tried to stay in the moment, I couldn't help but think about his future and all of its uncertainties.  I am afraid of all the unknowns he faces and is soon going to encounter in life. 

My goal has been to protect him from all the hard times and keep him safe, but its an impossible goal to obtain.  No matter how hard I try, he will eventually be thrown into the real world and either sink or swim; I just wish I was always the life guard on duty to save him. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Awww you are such a great cousin! Once he does get thrown into the real world, he would have learned so much from you and Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki! I hope he gets some craziness from me and some major lounging from Rebecca...then he will be A-OKAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know he will. There is no doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete