Monday, June 20, 2011

New Job + Long Commute= Coffee Please


Palo Alto, CA
It’s 6:38am and I am sitting{so comf} on CalTrain heading Northbound into San Francisco.  I am starting my new J.O.B today and am really excited about it. The company is super cool, the people are young and smart, and the office is amazing{it’s a huge brick warehouse that could easily be used as a fantastic art gallery}.  My interview with the owner of this company consisted of a deep conversation about Exit Through the Gift Shop{one of the best documentaries ever made} and him letting me know he is planning to commission an artist to come on site and paint for us as we work.  I knew right then, I had found the company!  
Last night, I could not figure out what outfit to wear for my first day{business smart is the companies dress attire model}.  The first outfit is tough because you want to make an impression, but you also don’t want to stand out too much.  I was thinking skirt with a cute blouse but that would not be super good with the biking portion of my commute.  I also thought dress, but same problem as the skirt  So, I settled for the following: 
1st day outfit+biker friendly
I just moved into a new apartment in Palo Alto so the commute is going to be pretty fun every morning  ; )...!  Already, this morning, I was up by 5:00am, biked to the train station{helmet on, back-pack strapped up, camera in hand…such a dork} and now am riding the train to SF, to then get off and bike another couple of miles to the office.  I have been cracking myself up this entire commute because I literally look beyond dorky. 
After this week, I might need a little Vaca.!
SF{DogPatch Cafe}


No comments:

Post a Comment